Hello, and welcome to the blog! My name is Ben Lucia and I live in Wasilla, Alaska. I'm currently pursuing a degree in Chemistry at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (which might change in the near future depending on how much I can motivate myself with online classes). I love to spend time outdoors just enjoying nature. I also love sports even though I never really got into anything since I was homeschooled.

    Ever since I was a little guy, I've loved music. I love listening to it, playing it, and studying it. My experience with instruments started for the most part when my older brother and sister started taking lessons from a teacher, and my parents bought a piano so they could practice on it. I always wanted to play the piano, so when they would sit down to practice I would wait till they were finished and then sit down and try and play what they had just played. Doing this, I was able to play the same songs they had practiced for hours in just a couple tries. I eventually pestered my mom enough to let me take lessons too, and from then on is history. I kept taking piano lessons for a few years after that, but then we moved to a small community and there I stopped taking lessons, but still kept playing quite often. When I went to public school for two years I joined the band and there I squawked on the clarinet for the duration of my enrollment. throughout my middle and high school years, I kept picking up different instruments to try and play, some stuck with me and others fell by the wayside a little. the main three I'd say now I still retain are Bass, Piano, and guitar (very original). In my first semester at UAF, I had the privilege of taking lessons from the Esteemed Professor Eduard Zilberkant, from which I greatly benefitted. I'm sad to say I could not return this semester for fear my other classes would take a toll (practicing can be very time-consuming) but his instructions still live with me and I am a much more proficient pianist because of his tutelage. 


     I look forward to writing more posts, and I hope you all enjoy them!


Gregory Sokolov: Gigue from Partita No. 1, BWV 825, J. S. Bach

Comments

  1. I hope you can keep up with your piano. It is such a great way to train the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool man! I love the piano, I'm a chem major too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben! I'm from Wasilla, too. That's a great piece by Bach!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment